PSD No. 4 - Evening



Since new year's eve was a quiet affair for myself, I took the advantage of nice new year's day evening to enjoy a cigar. Had a look in the humidor and picked up a nice Partagas Serie D No. 4. The cigar was evenly filled with no soft spots. The cigar has a lighter shade of colorado and light sheen on the soft veined wrapper.
Aroma and cold draw revealed medium toasted sweet tobacco.

The PSD 4 is a robusto with a 50 ring gauge and measuring 124 mm. Lighting this cigar required very little effort. I used the torch allowing the blue flame to gently lick the foot of the cigar. Nice start to the cigar. The first third were filled with sweet paprika, toasted tobacco and little under medium body.

Second third followed on nicely from the sweet spice profile. I have tasted a hint of nuttiness moving towards the last third. At this stage the PSD 4 has fully evolved to a medium body but retained the sweet spiced flavours.



I paired this cigar with 2007 Special Late Harvested Orange Muscat and Flora from Brown Brothers. The rich, tangy and zesty dessert wines complimented the profile of the PSD 4.


3 comments:

eiling lim said...

Keep up the good work! I wanna steal that trinidad ashtray of yours!

Sajeev Ruthra said...

My favorite Partagas D, really nice blog!!!

any advice on where me and my friends can take our own whiskey and cigar and buy food around Auckland area?

Agent Corn said...

G'day Sajeev.

Thanks for dropping by and your kind comments.

I don't really think there's a place in Auckland where one can do BYO drinks and cigars.