Ariake Japanese Restaurant



Established in 1980 but tasted in 2009. Just before the end this decade, I've dined at Ariake Japanese restaurant. It's a true gem for Japanese food located in the busy downtown area of the Auckland CDB. Ariake is certainly well acclaimed and continue to be rated as one of Auckland's best restaurant. I walked pass this restaurant often enough to warrant a try but most times I already had mine meals.



I took the opportunity before Christmas to try Ariake for lunch. Doors opened at 12 pm and a few tables were filled when we were seated. The lunch menu was uncomplicated with a good selections of gozens. There are also a lunch of the day and weekday donburi fair. I decided to try the Shoka-do consisted of small entree, sashimi, braised vegetables, grilled fish, mixed tempura, steamed egg custard, miso, rice, pickles and fruits.



While waited for the food to be served, more tables were filled and I noticed Japanese clienteles. This confirmed Ariake is good. I'm certainly going back again and shall try their dinner service.



Corner of Albert and Quay Street
Downtown, Auckland CDB
Tel: 09 379 2377

No comments: