Gold Medals

One doesn't need a special golden moment to try this Bolivar cigar. From the packaging to the cigar presentation these Gold Medals are classy. The appearance and aroma immediately convinced me to pick one up and fire it up.

The wrapper is a darker shade of colorado with soft veins along the length of the cigar. The Bolivar GM is a lonsdale with a 42 ring gauge and 165 mm. I chose a semi-firm sample with just the right resistance when I gently pressed my fingers along the cigar. This cigar should give me a just nice balanced draw.

In general most of the Bolivar range can be considered as medium to fuller body cigars. This box was aged for slightly over 2 years. I just couldn't wait for 5 years. I must try one.

Aroma at cold - soft tobacco with a hint of leather. A little bit more effort required for the draw but I was happy with it. The first 1/3 was medium bodied with combination of toasted spice and some cocoa. To truly appreciate this lonsdale don't rush this cigar.

The second and last third of the cigar were just above full bodied with spicy and sweeter paprika note. I believed there is still a huge potential for the GM to develop further and smooth out the last third. A mental note to myself, try another in the next 12 months.


No comments: